Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What I am loving: Cake Pops

I have heard so much about cake pops lately and although I have never had the pleasure of sampling one myself, I decided to give them a go.  What I love about cake pops is that they pack a big punch into a small bite, they are fairly easy to make, and most importantly my kids can eat them without making a huge mess.

I am one of those women who loves to bake, but lacks talent in the decorating department.  I just want to speed up the decorating so I can get to the eating part.  Hence, I probably should have watched a few tutorials about cake pop decorating before I am embarked on this adventure, but alas, I didn't and the result is typical of me...something delicious, but not the prettiest.  Oh well.  

For the batter I used an awesome recipe I found during one of my google-ing adventures.  This might be one of my favorite gf white cake batter recipes.  I simply followed the recipe directions and filled a cake pop pan.  I didn't have the babycakes cake pop maker so on a trip to Target I grabbed a Nordic Ware pan which did the trick.  Just remember not to put too much filling in each mold. (I overfilled my first batch and ended up with a very messy oven.)  After I cooled the cake pops I dipped each stick into chocolate, inserted the sticks into the cake popa and threw them in the fridge to harden a bit.  Next I dipped the pops, added sprinkles, and put them back in the fridge until it was time for dessert.  


I am happy to report that they were a hit among both kids and adults alike.  

1 comment: